MY FITNESS CRED:
- Certified Personal Trainer: National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF) & National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association (NESTA)
- Nutritional Coaching Certification (Precision Nutrition™): Over 100 hours in formal instruction and training
- Advancements in Corrective Exercise Selection Certification (Brookbush Institute)
- Advancements in Program Design (Brookbush Institute)
- Over three hundred hours of training and course study via the Equinox Fitness Training Institute (EFTI) and Equinox High Performance Living Symposium
- Special Certifications (Equinox Fitness Training Institute): Kettlebell Certification, Vitality and Increased Performance (ViPR) Certification
- Hundreds of hours of self-guided study and application on subjects of coaching, bodybuilding and body sculpting, functional movement, fat loss, supplementation, regeneration, food and diet, and recovery
- Advancements in Exercise Selection (Brookbush Institute)
- Introduction to Functional Anatomy (Brookbush Institute)
Seeing Is Believing
THE COACHING PROCESS AS IT PERTAINS TO EVERYTHING OUTSIDE OF THE GYM
If your body is battling too much stress or being run on too little sleep, your cells will not be able to repair and regenerate themselves from one workout – or day – to the next. Muscle gain, fat loss, health, strength and happiness would all suffer. Thus, my first order of business with a new client is problem-solving their stress and sleep patterns.
Once those levels reach, and sustain, acceptable levels, we move on to the client’s hydration. Muscle is made of water, and being properly hydrated is essential for fat loss.
Once that is squared away, I then tackle help the client tackle their fiber intake. Following that is their daily protein consumption. Most people — I certainly was one them — either underestimate the importance of protein (even for fat loss!), and/or have been led to believe (through marketing) that their best protein sources are artificial powders and drinks. This is erroneous, and it usually takes some time to modify a client’s habits significantly enough that they are getting adequate, whole food sources of protein.
Reaching this point takes just a few weeks for some clients — and well over a year for others. It is not a question of whether there will be bumps and setbacks along the way— it’s only a matter of when, how many, and what we do with them.
Once we have gotten recovery, hydration, fiber and protein to the right places, we then move on to carbohydrate and fat intake – and in so doing, total caloric intake.
At various stages during this process, the client may be confronted with internal resistance, emotions, and second guesses. This is normal. Changing your life in a sustainable way cannot happen over night. It requires patience, open mindedness, and willingness.
Here's The Good News!
When we work together, no single thing you change about your life will ever feel remotely extreme, because we will move in slow, incremental steps, and you will have input and agency over what we are modifying at *EVERY* turn. The cumulative result: you will achieve the aesthetic of your dreams.
What’s more, you will unveil a more confident, powerful version of yourself, which will pay dividends in your career, relationships with others, and personal aspirations.
Most importantly, this journey will fortify, deepen, and elevate the most important relationship in your life – the one you have with yourself.
*Contact me directly! – Branden@BrandenHayward.com
Welcome! For the most up-to-date information, please select from the above menu.