(a bonus feature in DreamBody)
To skip straight to details on the 10+ Pound Results Guarantee, scroll down
Nutrition Prescription is a monthly add-on feature, separate from DreamBody Evergreen.
There are three special features you’re entitled to with Nutrition Prescription, and Nutrition Prescription, only.
1. I view your ongoing series of progress photos and measurements.
2. I directly prescribe your customized macronutrient and calorie levels, based on your photos and measurements.
3. If you need help building a habit to support my nutrition prescriptions, ask me directly for help, and I’ll respond to you, individually, in one of three ways. I will either refer you to the lesson in Physique Fundamentals that addresses your exact issue, or I will answer your question directly, or, I may do both, depending on the circumstance.
“How is this different than what I get in DreamBody Evergreen?”
In DreamBody Evergreen, you rely on the guidelines in Physique Fundamentals to come up with your own nutrition prescriptions. You evaluate your own progress photos and measurements as you go, and based off of what you’re seeing, you’ll tweak your numbers — or maintain them — to keep getting more results.
With Nutrition Prescription, I do that work for you.
Here is another way to think of the difference.
DreamBody Evergreen is the equivalent of bumper guards, in a bowling analogy. Evergreen will always, always help you reach your destination, making failure impossible, assuming you actually apply the lessons I give you in Physique Fundamentals. In taking yourself through Physique Fundamentals, will your figurative bowling ball wiggle back and forth along the way to the finish line? Most likely. Some wiggle is inevitable with literally any path in life.
Nutrition Prescription is like adding private bowling lessons. You will perhaps still wiggle, but you may be able to close in those gaps in your experience and your knowledge, faster, than if you relied solely on the bumper guards to teach you how to bowl successfully.
The ‘10+ Pound Results Guarantee’
Hiring me for Nutrition Prescription will unlock a guaranteed minimum improvement of 10 lbs of body comp change in 1 year. I call this my 10+ Pound Results Guarantee.
Here are the four behavioral commitments I need from you, throughout your first year, to qualify for this guarantee.
1) Upload your progress photos and measurements in the first week of your program, and then every six weeks after that, as assigned.
2) Complete 90% of your assigned workouts on the day they are scheduled.
3) Push yourself 90% of the way to muscular failure with those workouts.
4) With your nutrition: in your first year, you must log all of your food every day. (You can take up to 12 days off and maintain the guarantee.) Logging your food diary retroactively will not count towards that 353 day threshold. On each of those 353 days, you must come within 5% of the caloric and macronutrient prescription I give you. (If I can see you consistently working really hard and just missing this threshold on rare occasions, I can be lenient, within reason. The degree of leniency is up to my discretion.) (I can also give you several weeks at the beginning of your program to adjust to your first full unfiltered prescription — but you still are responsible for logging on those days.)
The food logging app you’ll use, MyFitnessPal, connects to Trainerize, the workout app, creating a portal through which I can view the data you’re putting into both apps.
(By the way, I’m not asking you to do anything I haven’t done and sustained myself.)
While I have the capability to view essentially everything you’re doing, I only use your data for two purposes. 1) To inform answers and solutions I offer to you. 2) To verify your eligibility or ineligibility for the 10+ Pound Results Guarantee.
I do not criticize, or even hold accountable, clients who do not hold to their own stated goals. This is your journey, not mine. If you enroll in Nutrition Prescription, you are agreeing to be utterly, completely self-motivating.
“What if I do everything you tell me, and I don’t achieve the results you’re guaranteeing?”
If you’ve stuck with the guidelines listed above for 12 months straight, and you haven’t achieved muscle gain and/or fat loss that, added together, amounts to at least 10 pounds of positive change, I will continue to provide you the monthly Nutrition Prescription service, free of charge, until you do achieve muscle gain and/or fat loss that, added together, comes to 10 pounds of change. You must continue to maintain your four behavioral commitments during this no-charge period.
What all of this is saying, is that you need to be comfortable and prepared, from Day 1, to be working out with intensity seven hours a week in the gym — distributed over five weekly visits — and implementing and maintaining new nutritional habits.
Please be very honest with yourself right now. If, and only if, you feel ready to do this work, I invite you to go a step further than DreamBody School Evergreen, by hiring me for Nutrition Prescription, to lock in your 10+ Pound Results Guarantee.
If you stick with each of those 4 guidelines, then you will achieve 10 lbs or more of body comp change in 1 year or less.
If you’d like, you can proceed straight to client successes
Or, if you’d like to learn more about Nutrition Prescription, and how I calculate body composition change, please read on…
“How do you measure body composition change…? Is that just a change on the scale…?”
Excellent question. I use three sources of data to determine your body composition change. Let’s go through them, one by one.
1. The first source of data are the circumference measurements you’ll take and upload of various parts of your body. You’ll be uploading new sets of data every six weeks. A growth in a measurement usually indicates added weight in that part of your body. A decrease in a measurement usually indicates weight lost in that area.
With most clients, a shoulder circumference increase would equate to muscle gain.
A modest gain in your waist circumference could possibly equate to muscle gain in the abdomen, but it also certainly equate to fat gain.
When you lose fat, you often lose some size everywhere on your body. The objective, of course, is to minimize muscle loss when losing fat. The two charts shown below offer an excellent picture of someone who is successfully losing body fat (me). I call these photos successful because you can see that the size loss in the shoulders is smaller than the size loss in the waist.
You can see this in the graph over one year: 5 inches lost around the waist, while only 2.5 inches lost around the shoulders.
You can also see this in the numbers below the graph over just a short term: between February and March, more size was lost in the waist than in the shoulders. This is especially impressive considering the waist is a smaller part of the body than the shoulders.
Sound confusing? We often benefit from having more data to get the full and accurate story.
2. The second source of data are your progress photos, also uploaded by you at six week intervals. Most of the time, this is a fairly easily interpreted set of data. A more pronounced V-shape in your torso is, generally speaking, a sign of an improved shoulder-to-waist ratio. This would mean you either gained muscle, lost fat, or both. A more pronounced V-shape in your torso is very, very, very desirable, and I give a lot of credence to the waist-to-shoulder ratio when it comes to tracking your progress.
Most 10-year-olds could tell you, just at a glance, whether a body is becoming more or less impressive, based on its progress photos. This is because we usually understand, on a primal level, what’s muscle and what’s fat, when we have photos in front of us.
More visible muscle definition = less body fat.
Size growth in shoulders, chest, and arms equates to gained muscle in those areas, usually. (Exceptional circumstances notwithstanding — such as developing obesity.)
If you’re getting bigger, without seeing more muscle definition, then you’re gaining size — possibly muscle — but not losing fat. Not necessarily a problem at all, just a fact.
3. The third source of data is the scale. You may or may not be surprised to see it listed last. This is intentional. The scale is useful, but taken on its own, it could misrepresent your changes. Why? Here is a perfect example.
This side-by-side image of me compares my body’s progress. I weighed perhaps 10 pounds more on the left, but my total body composition improved by perhaps 20-25 pounds between these two photos, because I lost fat and added muscle.
Something worth noting: if you’re in your 20s, active, and wanna gain muscle, I can tell you exactly how many grams of protein, carbohydrates, and dietary fat you need to consume daily to achieve muscle gain.
But, sometimes people who are great at working out, yet not great at following my macronutrient prescriptions, will lose fat, instead of gaining muscle, especially if they’re young and/or have higher-than-average metabolisms.
Now, that’s still a body composition improvement. So, I don’t consider this situation a failure, I consider it a success and a valuable learning lesson. For some clients, seeing a change like this can motivate them to buckle down with more diligence regarding their diet, to see their original goals realized.
It is completely your responsibility to follow my prescriptions to get the changes you desire.
So, now you know about the three sources of data we compile and use.
I hope all of this information helps you understand why circumference measurements, photos, and the scale are take into consideration when assessing your body composition change.
At the end of the day, I interpret your data and combine it with my intuition, eye and experience to determine your total body composition improvement.
By electing to work with me, you are explicitly agreeing to trust my assessment of your data and my calculation of total pounds of body composition change.
To date, I cannot recall a single client disagreeing with my assessment of their data.
My objective is to enable to you to get fantastic results, so that you tell your friends about DreamBody.
Video Demo of Nutrition Prescription features
Everything discussed / demonstrated in the below video, comes included in Nutrition Prescription.
(Hint: I find it more comfortable and less distracting to watch and listen to this video without wearing headphones. I apologize in advance for the constant, light-ish background thumping of my upstairs neighbor’s instrument. [This reminds me of something a guy in Brooklyn once said. “Good thing you love New York, because she doesn’t love you.”])
Or, care for more examples of Nutrition Prescription? Please see below.
I can consult with you on your schedule:
I can work with you to help you make gradual adjustments if you’re struggling to find the space and time in your life to implement the workouts. (Many individuals struggle with this aspect of physique transformation.)
It is your responsibility to request help and then supply any additional information I may request, to receive the benefits of counseling.
Progress Evaluation, Perspective, and Problem Solving: